I've experienced a lot of ups and downs over my 45 years here on this crazy planet and I've learned quite a lot along my journey! I've continually pushed myself and explored the world around me and I think that is the key in finding yourself and understanding the meaning of life.
No matter what, don't take anyone's word on anything, figure it out for yourself!
1. The only person you should compare yourself to is you.
2. Nothing is ever as big a deal as you think it is at the time.
3. What other people think of you doesn't matter.
4. Everybody fails. It's what you do after failure that matters.
5. Go with the flow.
6. Take nothing personally. Everyone is dealing with their own shit.
7. Let that shit go.
8. Trust your gut and your intuition.
9. Live in the moment. Forget about the past and don't worry about the future.
10. Don't worry, be happy.
11. Fake it till you make it!
12. Spend time outdoors in nature. Nature moves at a slower pace than we do. We need that in this fast paced world.
13. Wake up early. Sleeping in may feel good at the time but you'll be more alert, healthy and productive if you wake up early.
14. Eat healthy natural foods as much as possible but don't deny yourself treats.
15. Exercise even when you don't feel like it. You'll always be glad you did.
16. Make love not war. We are here to love each other, not kill each other.
17. Be kind to everyone. Even the mean people. You have no idea what demons people are battling.
18. Explore all that the world has to offer - travel, learn.
19. Keep an open mind. If history has taught us anything it is that people always think they know it all, but they are constantly proven wrong. Even now, we don't know it all! People 100 years from now will know much more than us and even then they will not know it all!
20. Live authentically and embrace who you are. Don't try to be what other people want you to be. You are important and valuable just the way you are.
21. Every human being is valuable. No one person is more valuable than anyone else.
22. Giving is better than taking.
23. Find time to laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine.
24. We can have more than one soul mate.
25. Natural is better than synthetic.
26. Friends and family and pets are what life is all about. Love in all its forms.
27. Start saving money when you are young. Save for a rainy day and save for retirement.
28. Material possessions are worthless. Don't obsess over having the latest, greatest and best of anything.
29. It's never too late to start over.
30. Think positively. What you think becomes your reality.
31. Don't live in your head. Your ego loves to tell stories that are simply not true. Let your thoughts come and go like clouds in the sky.
32. Keep it simple stupid.
33. Life is cyclical. If things are going poorly for you, remember that things will change. And if things are going well for you, remember that things will change.
34. Look for the beauty in the little things in life - the way the sun shines through the clouds, the way a bird sings a song in the forest.
35. There really is nothing to fear but fear itself. Fear will keep you from living an amazing life if you let it.
36. Let your kids be who they want to be and do what they want to do.
37. Don't try control everything. It's impossible.
38. Let go of anger as soon as you notice it. Anger hurts you more than the person you are angry with.
39. It's ok to be vulnerable. Don't put up walls. The only person you hurt with your walls is yourself.
40. Be ok with not being right.
41. Be open to constructive criticism. The only way to learn, grow and improve is listen to feedback.
42. Change is good. Change can be exciting. Change will happen whether you like it or not.
43. You can handle anything thrown at you. You have no idea how strong you are until your are tested. You are so strong!
44. There is no such thing as perfect. Just do your best.
45. Instead of trying to avoid pain, lean in to it. Feel it fully. Understand it. Learn from it. Then let it go.
Comment below with your life lessons!
I'm a romantic at heart with an overactive creative mind and an artistic soul. I've always been an avid reader - I read as much as I can as often as I can! Writing has been a life long dream that I haven't allowed myself to pursue until just recently. In April I finally published my first novel - Naupaka Blooming, a Hawaiian Reincarnation Romance. And now I'm working on the first book in a new fantasy thriller series called Summer's Shadow.